Larson Skinner meets clients’ trademark needs through a variety of services, including:
Trademark clearance: Evaluating whether a proposed business, product or service name is available for use and can be defended as a mark.
Trademark registration: Registering marks with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and with state trademark authorities.
Infringement defense: Defending individuals and companies accused of trademark infringement under the Lanham Act (U.S. federal) and state laws, and in cases involving trade dress infringement.
Infringement enforcement: Pursuing trade and service mark S through cease & desist actions and litigation.
Action against cyber-squatters: Pursuing cyber-squatters through cease & desist actions and domain name dispute resolution.
The firm’s attorneys have performed a variety of engagements in the trademark and deceptive trade practices area, including the following:
- Defended a client company against claims its name infringed the trademark of a competitor and constituted deceptive trade practices under Minnesota law.
- Settled claims under Minnesota, Florida and Federal (Lanham Act) trademark law, alleging the firm’s clients infringed the trademarks of others.
- Assisted a client wholesaling consumer goods in determining how similar the client’s products could be to name-brand products without infringing name-brand manufacturers’ trade dress rights under Federal law.
- Advised clients in selecting and registering trade names for their companies, products, and services under Federal, Pennsylvania, Minnesota and other states’ laws.
- Pursued parties infringing clients’ marks by means of cease and desist letters, domain name arbitration, and litigation.
NOTE: Larson Skinner PLLC do not warrant the accuracy of resources found on other web sites. Please consult your own attorney or other advisors before relying on any information on this site or the others to which this site links. The views represented on the Larson Skinner site and the sites to which it links are not necessarily those of Larson Skinner PLLC, their clients, or their affiliates.
United States Code, Title 15, Chapter 22 – Trademarks
United States Patent and Trademark Office (PTO)
- Trademark main page
- What are patents, trademarks, and copyrights?
- Trademark Electronic Search System
United Kingdom Trade Mark Office
ICANN’s Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (UDRP)
National Association of REALTORS® Membership Marks Manual (use of “REALTOR®”)