Larson/Skinner meets the complete range of clients’ copyright needs, including:
Copyright registration: Registering copyrights with the United States Copyright Office.
Copyright analysis: Determinations of whether works are protected by copyright, who the authors are, what rights relevant parties have, and how best they can be asserted.
Infringement enforcement: Pursuing copyright infringers through cease & desist actions, arbitration, and litigation.
Infringement defense: Defending individuals and companies accused of copyright infringement under the United States Copyright Act.
Copyright enhancement strategies: Assisting clients to develop strategies for assessing portfolios of copyright-protected works and implementing strategies to maximize portfolio value.
Licensing negotiations and agreements: Negotiating on behalf of licensors and licensees for copyright licenses and reducing agreements to writing.
L/S attorneys have performed a variety of engagements in the copyright area, including the following:
- Advised client regarding copyright protections afforded computer software and electronic databases.
- Registered copyrights in various works, including computer software, songs (music and lyrics), graphic arts, and computer databases.
- Pursued copyright infringers via cease & desist actions, arbitration, and litigation.
- Assisted clients in developing comprehensive copyright enhancement and enforcement plans.
- Developed licensing agreements for software and database suppliers.
- Negotiated copyright components of client joint venture.
NOTE: Larson/Skinner PLLC and Larson/Skinner Business Advisors LLC do not warrant the accuracy of resources found on other web sites. Please consult your own attorney or other advisors before relying on any information on this site or the others to which this site links. The views represented on the Larson/Skinner site and the sites to which it links are not necessarily those of Larson/Skinner PLLC, Larson/SkinnerBusiness Advisors LLC, their clients, or their affiliates.
United States Code, Title 17, Copyrights
United States Copyright Office